This is a somewhat obscure central Wisconsin Trail, but is nice with clear sandy water. On the downside, logjams can be an issue.
1st Ave Bridge to Lawrence Lake
Date Paddled: April 23rd, 2016
Distance: 2.91 Miles
Time: 3 hours 8 minutes
A fun trip for a creek I didn't even know about until a week ago. Highlights include good current, good vegetation, and, best of all, fantastic water clarity.Read More...
Hwy A to Pioneer Memorial Park
Date Paddled: April 16th, 2021
Distance: 5.1 miles
Time: Expect 2-3 hours
Incredible clarity and huge schools of fish highlight this obscure water trail.Read More...
11th Road to Lake Montello Ramp
Date Paddled: May 1st, 2016
Distance: 3.74 Miles
Time: One hour 56 minutes
A return to the Montello River for honestly its weakest section. This is still not a bad stretch though and is a simple prospect to consider for locals looking for a new adventure.Read More...
- Headwaters to 1st Ave: 1.0 miles. In theory, there should be a spring located at the headwaters a mile upstream from 1st Ave. This might be more viable as a roundtrip.
- 1st Ave to Lawrence Lake (North Ramp): 3.0 miles. Technically Lawrence Creek, this is a small paddle with some logjams, but is really nice with stunning water clarity and virtually no mud. A very underrated paddle.
- Lawrence Lake (North Ramp) to Lawrence Lake Dam: 0.8 miles. A simple lake paddle.
- Lawrence Lake Dam to Pioneer Memorial Park: 5.6 miles.
- Lawrence Lake Dam to Westfield Veterans Park: 4.8 miles. A terrific paddle because of the incredible clarity and natural springs. Only downside are a few logjams, but they are easy portages.
- Westfield Veterans Park to Pioneer Memorial Park: 0.8 miles. The river here is faster, deeper, more wooded and less clear. It's a scenic stretch flanked by steep clay banks.
- Pioneer Memorial Park to Hwy E(by Charles St): 0.6 miles. A nice little prospect. Mostly within earshot of busy I39.
- Hwy E(by Charles St) to Hwy E/B(by Maynard Dr): 5.1 miles. Maybe 15-20 logjams.
- Hwy E/B(by Maynard Dr) to 10th Lane: 1.4 miles. This section should be mostly clear with I believe the only jam being the one you’ll see from the Hwy E bridge.
- 10th Lane to Hwy E: 0.7 miles. Nice open marsh paddle. Good access at both the put-in and take-out.
- Hwy E to Water Street Dam: 1.7 miles. A boring flowage.
- Water Street Dam to Hwy J: 600'. There are cool rapids between the two bridges in this short stretch.
- Hwy J to Ember Lane: 5.1 miles. A good prospect with clear water. There are some logjams (maybe 6), but I think you can squeak by most of them.
- Ember Lane to 11th Rd: 4.0 miles. A good prospect but some logjams to deal with (maybe 4). Good water clarity.
- 11th Rd to Lake Montello (park on south shore): 3.7 miles. A simple section with some lake paddling.
- Montello Dam to the Fox River: 0.6 miles. A nice little urban stretch.