This is one of the great paddling rivers of central Wiconsin. Highlights include scenic boulder gardens and fun (mostly) safe rapids.
Hwy 161 to Amherst Dam
Date Paddled: September 14th, 2013
Distance: 6 Miles
Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
A tributary to the Wolf River, this is a very nice river/stream that is often overlooked because of its popular neighbors (Little Wolf/Waupaca/Crystal/Wolf/Plover). The Tomorrow never gets very big before it gets to Amherst and “magically” turns into the Waupaca River (an oddity, as Rivers don’t usually change names like this). Despite this being September […]Read More...
Mill Street in Amherst to Otto Road
Date Paddled: August 26th, 2018
Distance: 7.0 miles
Time: 6 hours 23 minutes (3.5 hours would be more typical)
One of Central Wisconsin's finest paddles with plentiful rapids and clear water. The highlights are the boulder gardens which are among the best in the state.Read More...
Buchholz Road to Stedman Park
Date Paddled: August 13th, 2016
Distance: 6.0 Miles
Time: 4 hours 54 minutes
An overlooked section of the Waupaca that offers amazing scenery, gorgeous boulder gardens and fun rapids.Read More...
Hwy Q Canoe Launch to Brainard's Bridge Park
Date Paddled: July 13th, 2014
Distance: 7.8 Miles
Time: 5 hours 14 minutes
A classic water trail in central Wisconsin, the Waupaca River is a great prospect with striking boulder gardens, great water quality, and fun/safe riffles. The river starts close to the city of Stevens Point and winds east before emptying into the Wolf River. I’ve actually paddled the Waupaca before…well, kind of. Last fall, I paddled […]Read More...
- Clementson Road to Hwy Q: 0.9 miles. Possible prospect, but the river is very small here.
- Hwy Q/Rolling Hills Road to Hwy 161: 1.2 miles. A good prospect.
- Hwy 161 to Amherst Dam: [overview_rating stars='4' ] 5.4 miles. More of an oversized creek than a river, the Tomorrow River is still a nice paddle known for its clear water.
- Hwy 161 to 1st Street: [overview_rating stars='4' ] 1.3 miles. Great trip.
- 1st Street to the Amherst Dam: [overview_rating stars='4' ] 4.1 miles. Great put-in and trip.
- Amherst Dam to Buchholz Road: [overview_rating stars='5' ] 5.7 miles. This section was great fun because of its many rapids, clear water, narrow channel, boulder gardens and wooded banks.
- Amherst Dam to Hwy A: [overview_rating stars='5' ] 1.7 miles. Great segment through Amherst.
- Hwy A to Keener Road: [overview_rating stars='5' ] 0.6 miles. A short but good section with a nice boulder garden.
- Keener Road to Buchholz Road: [overview_rating stars='4' ] 3.4 miles. Aside from some Class 2 rapids at Keener Road and a few boulders, this is a more open and less interesting section.
- Buchholz Road to Stedman Park: [overview_rating stars='5' ] 6.1 miles. A fantastic paddle that was narrow, fast, rocky, and scenic.
- Buchholz Road to Otto Road: [overview_rating stars='5' ] 1.5 miles. Great stretch with some huge boulder gardens.
- Otto Road to Hwy T: [overview_rating stars='5' ] 0.9 miles. Another great section with some boulder gardens and light rapids.
- Hwy T to Stedman Park: [overview_rating stars='4' ] 3.7 miles. Good stretch with some great rapids and boulder gardens at the end.
- Stedman Park to Durant Road: 2.1 miles. A good prospect.
- Durant Road to Cobbtown Road: 1.4 miles. A nice section, but not as good as upstream parts with less boulders and rapids.
- Cobbtown Road to Hwy Q Launch: 3.8 miles. A doable stretch, but likely not as interesting.
- Hwy Q Launch to Brainard's Bridge Park: [overview_rating stars='4.5' ] 7.8 miles. A great trip that is very popular with paddlers.
- Brainard's Park to Elm Street Dam: 0.8 miles. Half of this is a nice river paddle, half a boring flowage. There is a portage path around the dam.
- Elm Street Dam to Kiwanis Park: 3.3 miles. Great prospect, but perhaps a logjam or two. The Mill Street dam is VERY dangerous and preceded by Class 2 rapids. This is also a difficult portage. Scout before committing to a trip.
- Kiwanis Park to Harrington Road: 7.7 miles. A good prospect.
- Harrington Road to Weyauwega Dam: 4.4 miles. Maybe 3 miles is open flowage paddling.
- Weyauwega Dam to Decker Memorial Park (and the Wolf River): 6.2 miles. A mediocre prospect.
Note, the videos are out of order. The first set are from my camera then at 8:20, Corbin's videos are shown: