Rocky Run Creek
This is a small tributary of the Wisconsin River located south of Portage. Logjams and low hanging alders can be a challenge for paddlers though.
Dunning Road to Hwy 51
Date Paddled: March 13th, 2021
Distance: 4.2 miles
Time: Expect 2 hours
A nice creek, but logjams and low-hanging alder branches were a bit muchRead More...
Hwy 51 to Dekorra Public Landing
Date Paddled: May 29th, 2016
Distance: 4.43 Miles
Time: 2 hours 37 minutes
Kind of a disappointing trip because of the log jams. This trail does have redeeming qualities if you do the right leg and paddle at proper flow rates.Read More...
County V Bridge to Private Residence
Date Paddled: June 2nd, 2013
Distance: 5.1 Miles
This was a segment run during very high flood water (4.6 feet down by Muscoda and 11 feet up by Wisconsin Dells per USGS). Normally, this would be a bad thing to do on the Wisconsin River, as the high water covers up the sandbars, but in this case the high water was actually a […]Read More...
- Traut Road to Cuff Road: (2.6 miles) Surprisingly open and clear of most deadfall, this is a simple wet-grass prospect but very small and would require above average conditions to be feasible. An intriguing prospect.
- Cuff Road to Dunning Road: (3.1 miles) Deadfall appears to be too much of an issue for this leg.
- Dunning Road to Hwy 51: (3.9 miles) Swift current, gravel, and an attractive marsh are highlights. Unfortunately logjams and low hanging alders are a bit much.
- Hwy 51 to Hwy J: (2.5 miles) An ok section but with several muddy portages.
- Hwy J to Dekorra Landing: (2.0 miles) This section has too many jams to be enjoyable. But during high water you can go over these and through the silver maple forest which is an amazing experience.
- Additional Wisconsin River Options: For other take-outs and adventures on the Wisconsin, see my Wisconsin River overview map.